ACCOUNTANT for Manufacturing company
Elmira, NY US
GNR has been retained to identify an ACCOUNTANT for this 2nd Generation, family-owned automotive manufacturing organization in the Elmira, NY area that manufactures top-tier heavy trucking bodies and equipment.
The company is undergoing massive growth due to contracts requiring them to produce hundreds of truck bodies.
We need an individual that has experience within the manufacturing sector, who can collaborate with all departments and various groups to handle month-end closings, analyze and document company finances, rate variances, incurred costs, account reconciliation, ledgers, journal entries, etc…
- The Manufacturing Accountant will participate in a wide variety of accounting functions including general ledger, cost accounting, budget/forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Coordinates accounting functions with team members and ensures sound accounting practices are followed.
- Coordinates with operations to ensure the accuracy of overall Physical Inventory and related audits.
- Analyze product design, raw materials, and manufacturing methods to determine effects on cost for both new product quotes and existing product engineering changes.
- Analyze historical and current financial data to understand the company’s financial status.
- Maintains and reconciles balance sheets and other general ledger accounts.
- Investigates and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
REQUIREMENTS & EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
- Accounting experience in any manufacturing company
- Experience with ERP systems
- US Citizenship
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Elmira, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location
WHO WE ARE: GNR is an expert in identifying Technical, Management and Executive level talent for key critical, difficult and "confidential" search assignments for High-Tech industries worldwide. THE GNR WAY: As a leading search firm with a foundation of professionalism, we do NOT send or share your information with a company unless we’ve discussed the specific details of a position with you first.