ENGINEERING MANAGER for Hardware / Firmware manufacturing
Baltimore, MD US
GNR has been retained by a high-performing division of a well-established organization seeking a MANAGER of ENGINEERING to lead the HARDWARE & FIRMWARE resources in designing complex systems used in DEFENSE/MILITARY applications.
The company has a rich history of success and a commitment to maintaining its position as an industry leader.
You will play a pivotal role in this “highly visible” position, where you’ll lead a successful & passionate electrical engineering team, reporting directly to the Director of Engineering.
We’re looking for a “hands-on” leader experienced with taking programs full life cycle: design, development, test & manufacturing.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Manage the design & development of electronics for high-reliability solutions utilizing the following; embedded controllers/microprocessors, mixed-signal, analog, digital & circuitry, power controls, firmware, etc..
- Work closely with other engineering functions; including customer(s) to capture requirements & ensure design criteria are met.
- Lead & support engineering activities related to manufacturing: Design For Manufacturability - DFM, Testability - DFT, & Assembly – DFA. Familiar with Mil-Std is a PLUS.
- Manage a department budget, develop the team members, and refine engineering best practices.
- Engineering Degree with a strong technical understanding
- US Citizenship & ability to gain a DoD Clearance
OFFERING: Great culture + Attractive base salary + Great bonus + Benefits + Full Relocation package
LOCATION: NORTH of Baltimore / PA border region
WHO WE ARE: GNR is an expert in identifying Technical, Management and Executive level talent for key critical, difficult and "confidential" search assignments for High-Tech industries worldwide. THE GNR WAY: As a leading search firm with a foundation of professionalism, we do NOT send or share your information with a company unless we’ve discussed the specific details of a position with you first.